I am very privileged to write about the subjects I love: architecture, history, the arts and people of culture. I have written on a great range of houses, including many important Georgian country houses.
I was shortlisted for the 2006 PPA Award for Specialist Writer of the Year, and in 2007 for IPC’s Specialist Commissioning Editor of the Year.
English Country House Interiors Book Launch at Sotheby’s
My book on English Country House Interiors was launched at Sothebys, New Bond Street, London, thanks to the generosity of Sothebys, Spears magazine and Rizzoli publishers.
From left to right: Georgia Musson, Simon Thurley, Lady Henrietta Spencer-Churchill, Jeremy Musson (author), Paul Barker (photographer) and Robert Dalrymple (designer)
From left to right: Lady Linlithgow, and Mr and Mrs Parker of Browsholme, Richard Hurley, William Musson, Bronwen Hurley, Jeremy Musson (author) and Sir Roy Strong Photographs: Charlie Wheeler
I’ve written and contributed to many books. My most recently published books have been:
- The Country House: Past, Present and Future, co-edited with David Cannadine (Rizzoli, 2018)
- Secret Cotswolds Houses (Frances Lincoln, 2018)
- Robert Adam: Country House Design, Decoration, and the Art of Elegance (Rizzoli, 2017)
- The Drawing Room (Rizzoli, 2015)
- English Country house Interiors (Rizzoli, 2011)
- English Ruins (Merrell, 2011)
- Up and Down Stairs: a history of the country house servant (John Murray, 2009)
- The Country Houses of Sir John Vanbrugh: From the Archives of Country Life (Aurum, 2008)
- How to Read A Country House (Ebury, 2005)
I have also contributed chapters to Oliver Messel: in the Theatre of Design, ed Thomas Messel, 2011, and to King’s College Chapel 1515– 2015: Art, Music and Religion in Cambridge, 2014, edited by Jean Michael Massing and Nicolette Zeeman
I’ve extensive experience in writing for magazines and newspapers.
Some of my recent work includes articles in:
- Country Life
- World of Interiors
- The Art Newspaper
- The Daily Telegraph
- The Field